No one likes to see ants marching around in their kitchen, or any insects for that matter. Here are some steps you can take to help prevent them from taking residence in your home.
- Use a silicone caulk in any exposed gaps and window sills
- Wipe down surfaces to remove food residues that could attract insects.
- Take out the trash frequently.
- Frequently clean under cabinets where crumbs may collect.
- Use traps to remove the insects that made it in. Place insect traps in areas out of reach from children.
- Inspect for any cracks and crevices in the foundation and seal them with a mortar or silicone caulk.
- Keep your trash cans clean, inspect the inside and hose out with soap and water.
- Trim shrubs and trees that are close to the house, insects like dark and secluded areas and will hide in these secluded areas.
A timely Perimeter Pest Control program will greatly reduce the amount of insects in and around your home. The spray forms a 4′ to 6′ invisible barrier around the foundation and in nearby cracks and crevices around the home. This service is very reasonable at only $40-$50 per treatment for an average size home.